Today is National Make Your Bed Day! This is why making your bed is important and why a good bed helps get a good nights sleep. We spend around a third of our lives in bed so why not make sure that you are comfy.
For National Make Your Bed Day and everyday, it is good to air out your bed for 30 minutes. You could do this while you do your morning routine of having a cup of coffee and some toast. Airing out your bed helps to stop mites live in the sweaty environment that you create overnight. Airing out the bed before you make it will just make each nights sleep that little bit better.
Another way to make sure that you have a good nights sleep is to change your bedding often. It’s the worlds worst task but think of the feeling of jumping into a nice clean bed, nothing beats it. You should try and aim to change your sheets at least once a week, if not once a two weeks. If you leave it any longer than this then the sheets will start to get dirty and smelly. This affect your skin and also impact your good nights sleep.
You should make your bed everyday to:
- Sleep Quality: The National Sleep Foundation suggests that a well-made bed can significantly improve your sleep. Smooth sheets and fluffed pillows create a comfortable environment, lowering disturbances and promoting deeper sleep.
- Mental Boost: Finishing the task of making your bed gives an immediate sense of accomplishment. This small win in the morning can set a positive tone, encouraging you to tackle bigger tasks throughout the day.
- Health and Hygiene: Regularly making your bed can cut the amount of dust and allergens. This leads to a healthier sleeping environment. This can be especially helpful for those with allergies or respiratory problems.
- Emotional Appeal: A tidy bed transforms the bedroom, making it an inviting space. The visual calmness can also translate to emotional tranquillity, offering a peaceful retreat from daily stresses.
- Discipline and Routine: Making your bed daily instils a sense of discipline. Over time, this routine can foster other positive habits, contributing to overall well-being and productivity
Changing your bed and mattress is also essential in aiding a good night’s sleep. It is recommended that you change your mattress every 7 years. This makes that the quality always lasts and you get the best sleep possible. At CFRC we have a range of mattresses in stock, catering to all budgets. You can find out more about our new beds and mattresses here: Beds & Mattresses – CFRC (cfrcltd.org.uk)